What's new

Favorite Drying Agent

benny2

Reaction score
I am just curious to see, what you guys favorite drying agent is. I am currently using FC3 and I want to see if there is anything out there worth me testing. I do have Hot Wax which is excellent as well.

Thanks

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Hot wax is good. Currently using Simonize Prime Pack . I buy 5 Gallon containers and dilute 2/1 and then run thru Hydrominder and apply with Flow Jet.

benny2

Reaction score
Earl,
what tip are you using on your Hydrominder and what flow rate are you using with your nozzles in case I give this product a try

Thanks

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Nozzles - 2 on top 65/05 . 2 on each side 80/05 Applied with flo jet.

Dilute product 10 gal water to 5 gal product. Usually 20 water / 10 product at a time and use a purple tip. I mix some hot water with the cold feed to the hydrominder - Seems to work better. Setting arch is cold.

hkim310

Reaction score
Using Simoniz Super Dri. Was using Simoniz Bead up prior.......

hkim310

Reaction score
Benny2, I have not tried FC3 yet. The reason I switched from Bead Up to Super Dri was using the same amount if drying agent I was able to get an equally dry car. Super Dri is cheaper per 55 gal drum than Bead Up. How much are you paying for FC3 for a 55 gal drum?

benny2

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure off the top of my head but I believe about $640. What are you running the bead up on and what ratio, I think I will buy a 5 gallon and just try it

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
If the conveyor is like most, drying agent is probably only needed for the basic service.

For example, if tri-foam (containing natural or synthetic wax), clearcoat, rain-x or hot wax is applied during the wash, drying agent is not needed.

In fact, it’s not recommended. Some of my clients barely use any.

Best bang for buck is drying agent that contains mineral seal oil. It is active ingredient in hydrophobic (water beading) drying aids.

Since mineral oil is mineral oil, buy the cheapest.

Most claims of drying aid superiority are just claims.