What's new

Finding a Mentor

allthis4adream1

Reaction score
Every "Great" had someone who mentored them and helped expedite the learning curve. This relationship I am in search of isn't solely to make a killing; but to chase history. Granted, we all have a story. But some of us have a different degree of greatness. What are your experiences? Did someone help you? Is anyone willing?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Every "Great" had someone who mentored them and helped expedite the learning curve. This relationship I am in search of isn't solely to make a killing; but to chase history. Granted, we all have a story. But some of us have a different degree of greatness. What are your experiences? Did someone help you? Is anyone willing?
I don't know what area you are in, and I don't even know where I would begin teaching stuff. Find some local guys you can follow around. Perhaps attend car wash college sessions. I have heard good things from those who have.

mac

Reaction score
Let me make sure I understand this. Are you wanting to achieve greatness in carwashing?

Red Baron

Reaction score
I think you're more likely to find goodness than greatness. Most of the great operators I know aren't interested in helping you to become better at competing with them. Unless they're pretty sure you won't operate in the same area, most won't offer more than nuts & bolts type advice. By the same token, of they're willing to share everything they know to a potential competitor, they may be a great guy but chances are they aren't a great businessman.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
You might have a shot if you found someone that was interesting in selling out, he might be willing to mentor you so that you could buy him out. Of course a lot of things need to line up.

Boogie

Reaction score
Without the the great Fuller family in Chicago and the Nychyk boys in Bonita Springs, FL, I would've struggled more than I did. Great operators do help others, but maybe not in their own backyard.

Greatness can be achieved in car washing. If you don't believe that, I hope you're my competition.