What's new

Fragramatic Display Alternative

Etowah

Rudy

Reaction score
One of the columns in my Fragramatic Fragrance Dispenser is cracked and leaking display fluid. The replacement part is outrageously expensive.

I'm tempted to either fill all 3 columns with colored sand, or similar....or maybe even just cover the back side of the display window with a decal or picture.

Have any of you done something similar?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epNJVVaSpp4

The fluid display is still there, but the fluid just sits there, no pumps or aerating to blow the fluid out the top. I bought five of them, but haven't installed them yet. I have a friend who filled the tubes up with marbles. Maybe this could be a solution for your leaker. The conversion kit is $129.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
This was timely. I had a customer tell me today that he didn't use my fragrance machine because he thought it didn't work. I wonder how many dollars those bubblers have cost operators over the years? They are problematic from two directions, one is that every machine out in the real world looks like it doesn't work and customers are afraid to put money in them. The other is that you would have to constantly spend money to keep them working. I can't for the life of me, figure out why they didn't eliminate that thing a decade ago. I hope this light thing works out.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Got tired of the freakin Bubblers on my Coleman's and JE Adams, filling fluid, leaks, replacing air pumps etc. Took all tubes and gave each a light coat of colored paint. Red, Green Yellow. On JE adams where some failed I bought a similaar size glass food jar. I think it was jalapenos or something. Then went to Novelty lights.com
https://ssl.adhost.com/noveltylights/merchant.cfm?id=18&step=2
3 foot chasing light $7.85 Controller $14.95 or $10.00 for 6 or more. Simply snake the light up and down from one tube to the next. Great effect for less than $25.00 per muchine incl S&H. Also did tis for 2 new Coleman usits that come only with colored tubes.

Been about a year and so far only one failure. MAde the msitake of putting the controller connection at the bottom of the tube and some water got in. Now all connections are outside the tube.

toddmullens

Reaction score
I took my displays out and pulled out the plastic cyclinders. Went to Office Depot and bought some translucent notebook dividers and cut them into squares and slid them into the tubes. Put it all back together and it looks great. No more leaking oil that will eventually make the decals come off of the door and it cost about $4.

wendy's wash

Reaction score
Purchased 4 used Coleman combos and not 1 display worked. Got cost for repair. They would not take my first born for the outragous cost. Went to Dollar store and purchased 12 tall bottles of Olives. Emptyed and soaked to remove decal. Filled each with differant levels of water. Used blue, red, yellow food color . Put water tight cap back on and installed in machines. Had 4 red, 4 blue, and 4 yellow bottles. my opion is it looks great. Have been installed for 5 years and the only thing that went wrong is that someone took a hammer and smashed 1 bottle. Cost a total of less than $15.00 for all. The positive thing is if you like Olives you will have alot for awhile. Did have 1 customer say they wanted this color scent and pointed at the yellow. Yes if the display does not work, people think it is broke and will not use it.

MEP001

Reaction score
Years ago I ran a run-down wash with a Bright & Clean fragrance machine. It had McCormick spice bottles in the window - I don't know if it came that way, but that's what was there when I started. The owner had put the actual fragrances in the bottles; problem was that the cherry fragrance was yellow and the new car was clear. I put transmission fluid (bright red) in the bottle in place of the clear and swapped them so red was above the cherry label, and the income increased five-fold overnight.

cocahog

Reaction score
Frag. Display

I replaced mine with shampoo bottles and ran my fish tank bubbler's into them. I use cheap different colored (red and yellow) window wash/bug wash. Works great!