What's new

Houston Area - Recommendation Needed for Pits/Grit Trap to be Pumped

juneb

Reaction score
I wanted to see if anyone has a recommendation for an individual or a company that can pump/clean out pits and a grit trap South of the Houston Area. We just acquired our first car wash and I don't know if the previous owner ever had the pits cleaned out. Even the grit trap is filled to the top. We tried clearing what we could, but the water is still not draining past the grit trap and is backing up in the bays. Not good. At this point, we just need to get it pumped and start fresh.

We contacted a few companies but only received a reply from one. They said disposal fees are high right now, so they quoted us $1.25 a gallon, which is double the $.65 they quoted when we first purchased the car wash at the beginning of the year.

Any help, wisdom, or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

juneb

Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure no one had a recommendation! Thank you!

bigjws

Reaction score
I use Southern Vac for my washes in Pearland. I get a little cheaper price than what was quoted to you, but I also guarantee 1500 gallons minimum every time they come out and have been with them probably 6 to 8 years.

Hoa Tran with Evergreen is someone who I've used previously, but not sure if he's still in business or not. Very reliable, but price got a little high.

juneb

Reaction score
I use Southern Vac for my washes in Pearland. I get a little cheaper price than what was quoted to you, but I also guarantee 1500 gallons minimum every time they come out and have been with them probably 6 to 8 years.

Hoa Tran with Evergreen is someone who I've used previously, but not sure if he's still in business or not. Very reliable, but price got a little high.
Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful!

With us being newer to the car wash industry, is there anything you suggest doing when we have the pits pumped? Any preventative maintenance or things to look for when they are empty? It doesn't seem like there would be, but figured I would ask just in case I am not thinking of something.

Thank you again and again!