What's new

How often do you seal your cement floors?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Just wondering how often you guys seal you cement floors and with what brand of sealer?

BigLeo48

Eric H

Reaction score
Mine were sealed when new....but not since. I looked into it once. i think i remember the instructions saying that the floors needed to be dry to apply which never happens here:D

jwfox369

Reaction score
ArmorAll Sealer from Wal-Mart. The best sealer out there. Give it a try.

JimmyJaffa

Reaction score
Why would you want to seal it? Is your concrete dusting? Our are you seeing the rocks within the concrete? Probably the sealer would not stick because of all the junk imbedded in the concrete. The only time is when it is new, unless you spend big bucks to prep the surface, and then the sealer will only stop it from making concrete dust.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Thanks guys...

I sealed when new, but was wondering if redoing it every 3 to 5 years was worth it. I guess not

BigLeo

diamond joe

Reaction score
floor sealer

I have noticed my 13yr old floors looking a little shabby too...Every mason I speak to advises me not to seal them because they will become very slippery
I know there is a sand type of product you could add to the sealer but my concern is the then "sand paper" surface would hold dirt and become more difficult to clean. The janitor(me) already has a full day.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
BigLeo,

Last summer we sealed both the "broomed finish" new & some old concrete inside our work in progress dog wash. It was Lumi Seal Plus from L&M of Omaha, Negraska. We stained it a white-ish color first. We got it all from a local concrete wholesaler. They had a video showing how to apply the stain properly. In the future dog wash it seemed to make sense but for our existing 6 bay car wash I don't think enough benefit would be gained.