What's new

How to inject antifreeze into lines?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I believe RV antifreeze turns to slush when really cold but I'm not sure about washer fluid. I have some -22 washer fluid and I may leave it outside to see what happens.
I put a jar of -20 walmart WW fluid in my freezer a few months ago to see if it would freeze. Freezer is kept at 0. Nope, not even a little slushy, 100% liquid.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I do have a procon pump and motor I could use for now, but not sure if I want to go that route and run electric etc.
Procon pump seems to me like an expensive pump for a limited use application. Flojet is good because then it doubles as an emergency spare if you need it for PS or FB or something on a busy day. One of these days I'll probably set up a flojet to do my WW fluid blowdown.

But for now, I use a small 120 volt utility pump. I use it surprisingly often, mostly for assorted infrequent tasks, like adding glycol to the floor heat, adding liquid ballast into tires (tractors), transferring drums, etc etc --- and yes, pumping WW fluid through my lines.
I have a couple 3' garden hoses and an assortment of fittings on quick connects/push locks so I can use it on whatever I want.
Here's a pic of the one I'm using lately, I think I got it at tractor supply but really any pump will do.
View attachment 1295

slash007

Reaction score
I don't use flojets anywhere, so that small pump sounds like a great idea to get by. Only problem I have now is that I hadn't planned on it before it got cold, so I don't have a port ready to inject the air or WW fluid. With it being cold and the weep running, I can't shut things down to add a T until it warms up.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I put a jar of -20 walmart WW fluid in my freezer a few months ago to see if it would freeze. Freezer is kept at 0. Nope, not even a little slushy, 100% liquid.
Paul, it must have already been cold when you put it in there. You should have heated it a bit first, because everyone knows that hot freezes before cold. :rolleyes:

wash4me

Reaction score
we now have solenoids that can pump ww fluid in similar to 2biz but with solenoid valves and flojet pump but we used to just empty rinse tank and dump antifreeze in the tank then turn on the bay and spray until ww comes out. we leave the trough heated so no need to worry about anything else freezing.