What's new

IBA install in small bay

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm wanting to purchase an existing site that has five 13' 8" x 33' bays. The only way this site will work is if I can install a friction unit. Some companies told me that it could be done, but it would be tight and others do not recommend it. Has anyone installed a friction unit in a smaller bay? If so, is it working well or do you regret your decision?
Thank you for your help.
ANO

mac

Reaction score
So long as the machine will fit without any unusual modifications, I don't see a problem. You can also do a touchless in there. The only caveats I mention to people is that the bay have good visibility from the street, and that there is good stacking room.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Width is your issue of course. Could you knock out and move the wall to make room for the iba? Then utilize the very narrow leftover space for a dog wash, vending room, additional equipment room, office, motorcycle wash, coffee/donuts...well you get the idea.

MikeV

Reaction score
A Futura Revolution will fit with no modifications, but it is a touchless machine.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Ryko's Ultra Clean will fit if you your ceiling is at least 11' 3" tall. These can even be ordered with foam brite. This is the refined version of a PROVEN design that has been on the market for around 20 years. They are simple and bullet proof!