What's new

ICS Support VS DRB Support

Etowah

hkim310

Reaction score
Does anyone else currently use ICS? Have you noticed an increased amount of wait time to receive a call back? I called in at 8:00 AM and received a call back at 4:00 PM. I called in the next day at 10:00 AM for the same issue which was not fixed, and received a call back at 5:00 PM. Once again, called in the following day because the issue was still not resolved at 10:00 AM again and did not receive a call back until 5:00 PM. Called in again today at 10:00 AM for the SAME ISSUE and still have not received a call back and it is almost 4:00 PM. When I call in to find out what the expected wait time is after 6 HOURS of waiting I am told that she cannot give me a time and that all I can do is wait more. Does anyone currently use DRB? How is their support?

benny2

Reaction score
DRB is excellent, they work on your issue as soon as you call, and stay with the issue until it is resolved. I am so glad I spent the extra $$$ because I here horror stories about ICS.

boywonder

Reaction score
DRB is great. Called yesterday, thought I would have to leave my number and then receive a call back when my place in the queue came up, since it was a Monday, but got a tech right away and helped me through an issue. Like I said its great, but also comes with a price.

hkim310

Reaction score
benny2 and boywonder, what is the average wait time that you have to wait to receive a call back? If you were to call on 10 different occasions, how many times does support help you right then and there versus calling you back? It's almost like ICS doesn't have enough support employees for the amount of calls that they receive. Also, there seems to be a lot of turnover as a lot of the support techs that call don't seem to know what they are doing.....have the time I feel as though I know their product better than their own techs. I will say that there are a handful of techs that are really knowledgeable and helpful.........

Last edited:

DavidM

Reaction score
I switched from ICS to DRB about a year and a half ago. The difference in support is dramatic. ICS used to brag that they answered all calls quickly but in my experience the call was answered but not by a tech. The person answering just asked for contact info.
A call to DRB almost always gets me a to a good tech immediately.
In 10 calls, I might have to wait for a call back 2 or 3 times. That call back usually comes within an hour.
DRB is more expensive but it has been well worth it to me.

David

boywonder

Reaction score
Depends on what priority your issue is. Of course its high priority if you are not processing cars. If its low priority we just send an email, and usually get responded to by the end of the day. But standard call back if necessary is about a half hour.

hkim310

Reaction score
I can attest from being with ICS for the last 10 years that you NEVER get to speak to a technician immediately. Even critical calls get a call back, albeit much quicker than lower priority calls. I am seriously contemplating removing everything and switching over to DRB.....

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I have been a DRB customer for over 25 years. The old adage that you get what you pay for is very true in the case of tech support. When you call DRB you will get a tech support person virtually every call. And if that person can't find a solution they will pass it on to a person who can. No company is perfect, but DRB will go the extra mile to find solutions.

parsonii

Reaction score
drb's email support is very good. i've never called them because i let my managers call them. what im in love with is their iphone app? how can anyone stay on top of what's going on without it?

hkim310

Reaction score
Will be recording my service with ICS on this thread: Put a call in on 6/20 at 2:00 and did not receive a call back until 6/22 at 10:00 AM. Took over 24 hours to receive a call back. I didn't have my cell phone on me so I missed the call. Put back into the queue and still have not received a call back.......

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
In addition to being a DRB customer, I live just minutes away from the corporate headquarters. I have seen their support call center and it is a very impressive operation. Dozens of tech support employees in a room that resembles something you might see at NASA or the Pentagon. A huge video wall that shows the status of all the current and pending support issues. There is also a training area where the techs are constantly upgrading their skills. Like I said before, you get what you pay for.

Washne

Reaction score
Hello all. If I were you I would spend the few extra dollars to go with DRB. Though they may be a bit pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for. Their support is top notch.