What's new

Interac Debit cards anyone?

Hoser06

Reaction score
Anyone in Canada accepting Debit cards at there auto tellers or bays? how about chip and pin cc?

Thanks!

splashngocornwall

Reaction score
Still waiting on PDQ to build us a proper Access that accepts Debit Cards. 3 years & counting... Apparently, it's akin to rocket science.

To their credit, they did build us a prototype that we tried at one of our IBA's but it didn't work consistently and even allowed customers to enter the wash bay without paying (the transaction didn't go thru but the wash was still activated). Also, the annoying Visa/Debit cards never worked.

I've quit holding my breath lol

Hoser06

Reaction score
Looks like we may finally have an option with ICS launching their Canadian chip and pin enabled Auto Sentry's.
Hamilton and PDQ? -still nothing!

http://www.cspnet.com/category-news/services/articles/ics-deploys-chip-pin-outdoor-payment-terminals-canada

July 17, 2014
ICS Deploys Chip & PIN Outdoor Payment Terminals in Canada
Rolls out its first PCI PTS 3.x Compliant & EMV-certified systems

Published in CSP Daily News

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services 1
Related Content
Car Wash: Work the Wash3/18/2014

WIND GAP, Pa.-- Innovative Control Systems (ICS), a leader in the car wash industry, has partnered with Ingenico Group, a leading provider of payment solutions, to bring outdoor payment terminals equipped with chip and PIN technology to Canada.

ICS offers payment solutions for all segments of the car wash industry and beyond.

In conjunction with Ingenico Group's secure payment hardware, ICS was able to build an outdoor payment terminal that complies with PCI PTS 3.x & EMV(Europay, MasterCard and Visa)certification while offering the most comprehensive car wash management system on the market.

Wind Gap, Pa.-based Innovative Control Systems (ICS), founded in 1988 by Kevin Detrick, offers car wash software and equipment. In the 1980s, its first product was Tunnel Master, integrated with a point-of-sale (POS) management system. In 2001, the company introduced an unattended payment terminal, the Auto Sentry.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Anyone in Canada accepting Debit cards at there auto tellers or bays? how about chip and pin cc?

Thanks!
Hoser06 & other Canadian Operators,

Have any of you noticed that when you have set your personal & business credit or debit cards ... if the banks in Canada asked if you were planning on traveling to the USA??? If you said yes ... they said ... well then we will include the mag strip along with the normal chip on the card.

The reason why I am asking is about 18 months ago when I went to our local mega bank here in the USA ... the long time customer service rep & friend asked me if I was planning on traveling to other countries. If yes, she said that then she would make sure that my credit & debit cards for both my personal & for my business should include the chip on my card along with the normal mag strip.

I think that this not too long ago dynamic will have something to do with chip with no mag strip CC & Debit cards being dominant possibly sooner rather than later here in the USA. I could be wrong ... but I think it is something that the self service segment of our industry & card reader manufacturers should consider & try to plan for it. Randy Nix had posted something awhile back about chip card readers that will stand up to direct overspray were on the expensive side ... if available at all.

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com