What's new

Laser 4000 cheat sheet

mac

Reaction score
Does anyone have a sheet made up of all the codes for the plc and what they do? I know I can make one from the manual, but it's so much easier to copy one already done. I like to laminate these and place them on the door to the plc. Makes life easier for everyone. Don't know why the manufacuteers don't do this. Anyone supplying one will be treated to adult beverages at the upcoming show.

madscientist

Reaction score
i did this a few years back for the fault codes. typed it, shrunk it down, laminated it. it's been in my money clip ever since (by itself, all lonely). i don't have it saved, or i'd shoot you a copy. the bad thing is that i'm getting too old to read print that small. the good thing is that i don't really need to refer to it anymore....or maybe that's a bad thing. same goes for the plc codes.

mac

Reaction score
You may have a point. There are days when I wish I was just working at the Circle K selling slurpees. There are many reasons though for cheat sheets. One is for my techs. Right now we work on eight different brands of machines. It is darn near impossible to train a tech so that he knows all this in his head for that many units. The other is for the owner. There are many times where I can troubleshoot a problem over the phone if the guy could press a few buttons. What is wrong with that? Why don't all manufacturers put this simple crap right where you can see it? Why suffer through a 400 page manual looking for it? For a lot of the things we work on, there is no manual there. Too many of the distributors and techs try to make this business too complicated.

Gabriel

Reaction score
What these companies actually try to do is to make everything, including parts and information, proprietary.