What's new

Mitter Curtain after Hot Wax

Etowah

benny2

Reaction score
Does anyone have a mitter curtain after their hot wax like me. I have a rinse on my mitter and the hot wax continues to build up in the mitter. I have the microclean cloth on it. I am seeking solutions to stop this.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
What exactly is the problem? I apply my hot wax before a mitter with no issues.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Root cause analysis can be used to identify the underlying causes of why an incident occurred so that the most effective solutions can be identified and implemented.

Problem solving and root cause analysis involve three questions.

What's the problem? Why did it happen? What will be done to prevent it?

Problem – hot wax build up on mitter material.

Why did it happen? In other words, what are potential causes of build up on mitter material?

Experience shows such build up can be caused by reclaim water that is too dirty, improper concentration of wax, hydraulic oil leak, insufficient cleaning as in maintenance (routine cleaning and deep cleaning of tunnel), etc.

Once the root cause is identified, then the corrective action can be taken to prevent it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have to ask. Why is there a mitter after the HW?

Mitters like all cloth should be continualy flushed with a cleaning solution which would not. Applying HW before such a solution is counterproductive for both products.

washnshine

Reaction score
I have to ask. Why is there a mitter after the HW?

Mitters like all cloth should be continualy flushed with a cleaning solution which would not. Applying HW before such a solution is counterproductive for both products.
I posted this question a while back because I saw so many locations using either a mitter or mitter and side wheels after the hot wax and shine product was applied. Here is the link to my old post:

http://www.autocareforum.com/showth...on-after-wax&highlight=friction+hot+wax+shine

It really is just for show to say you are "buffing in" the wax. Not necessary as you will see from all those who chimed in and helped me.