What's new

Monex connection help

Dick Nitro

Reaction score
I’ve taken over a 6ss/2iba wash. All ss bays have Monex readers. The wash has 4 bays to the west, then the motor room and the 2 IBAs, the. The final 2 ss bays to the east. The Monex large white booster antenna is mounted to the tin just above bay 4, putting it roughly in the middle of the wash.

only bays 3 and 4 have good signal, bays 1 and 2 sometimes work, and bays 7/8 are hopeless in acquiring signal

the Monex remedy is to purchase another modem and have one one on each side of the wash. This modem is another $350 and doubles the monthly fee… This feels money-grabby to me

1- Has anyone found a way to actually boost WiFi signal to reach their readers? My spectrum router is full service across the property and it’s inside the motor room. Monex’s “super antenna” is mounted outside just under my roof and it can barely transmit to a reader 30 feet away

2 - has anyone used 2 CC brands at the same time? I’m thinking of putting Monex on my vacs (because their screens are cool) and getting nayax/crypto in the bays.

Thanks for any assistance

-Dick

Keno

Reaction score
Get nayax and have the reliability of the cell phone network for communication, no need to worry about that aspect.

Keno

Reaction score
so no routers or modems??
No, everything goes over cell phone network and is included with the monthly per unit fee. You can choose between Verizon and ATT based on which gets better reception at your wash. They also have an Ethernet option if cell service is bad at your wash, but we've never needed it. Each reader comes with its own 10' antenna to position for best reception - and I believe they have a longer antenna available separately if needed.

STXCW

Reaction score
We hard wired our bays, to get to the vacuums we used a WIFI 6 extender and wired the readers into the extender.

Dick Nitro

Reaction score
No, everything goes over cell phone network and is included with the monthly per unit fee. You can choose between Verizon and ATT based on which gets better reception at your wash. They also have an Ethernet option if cell service is bad at your wash, but we've never needed it. Each reader comes with its own 10' antenna to position for best reception - and I believe they have a longer antenna available separately if needed.
1st nayax reader inbound. If it has good signal, I’ll put all nayax readers in the bays and put the Monex on the vacuums, hoping they get better signal out in the open. Thanks for the recommendation.

Dick Nitro

Reaction score
@Dick Nitro, any update on the new Nayax reader you were getting?
I put it in my furthest bay that had zero signal with Monex 2 days ago. Install was simple and if fired right up but now I’m working through some bugs with transactions and min start on my end, but at least the customers have had no issues and I really love the nayax moma app so far for trends and reports

I also want to say that a member of Monex saw my post on this forum and is really trying to make it right with me, which is very nice and much appreciated. They are trying hard for me, but I think I have some wild interferences on my site that just seem to be making my life hard with their routers.

I’m going to use both Monex and Nayax for now and will continue to move readers around where they’re most suitable at my location based on reader service and bay/vacuum popularity. I won’t put all my eggs in one basket unless one greatly shines through. I can update periodically if anyone asks. Thanks

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I put it in my furthest bay that had zero signal with Monex 2 days ago. Install was simple and if fired right up but now I’m working through some bugs with transactions and min start on my end, but at least the customers have had no issues and I really love the nayax moma app so far for trends and reports

I also want to say that a member of Monex saw my post on this forum and is really trying to make it right with me, which is very nice and much appreciated. They are trying hard for me, but I think I have some wild interferences on my site that just seem to be making my life hard with their routers.

I’m going to use both Monex and Nayax for now and will continue to move readers around where they’re most suitable at my location based on reader service and bay/vacuum popularity. I won’t put all my eggs in one basket unless one greatly shines through. I can update periodically if anyone asks. Thanks
Thanks for the update.

I have Monex and like them. My only complaints are the STOP button on the screen ( takes 3 secs of holding to end count up transaction and sometimes you have to press HARD ) and the "Client Express" portal. It's a real PITA to find individual transactions and not possible to issue partial refunds.

What Nayax did you use and where did you buy them from? Maybe I'll try them

Dick Nitro

Reaction score
Thanks for the update.

I have Monex and like them. My only complaints are the STOP button on the screen ( takes 3 secs of holding to end count up transaction and sometimes you have to press HARD ) and the "Client Express" portal. It's a real PITA to find individual transactions and not possible to issue partial refunds.

What Nayax did you use and where did you buy them from? Maybe I'll try them
If I’m correct it’s a Count-Up T/O/F USA model. I inquired at their website and bought direct.

the stop button… one little, but BIG thing about Nayax is that the shade of the button on screen changes when depressed so that it’s obvious when you’re actually pressing it to stop. My Monex reader buttons do not change in any way to indicate that they’re being pressed. I used to think my customers were just not doing it right until one day I tried to stop it for a disgruntled guy and it legitimately took me 25 seconds of holding to get it to stop (again, connection influences this too). If the Monex button somehow indicated that it was actually being pressed might help this major issue, because my customers flip out the second it doesn’t work… and It happens several times daily

Keno

Reaction score
External stop buttons are a must IMO