What's new

My Rant

cdreed06

Reaction score
Sure, just leave your bags of trash right there in the bay. I'll take care of them.

Geez you didn't get that mud sprayed all the way up to the roof and I can still operate the coin box switches, you must be new to this.

Please leave the vac hoses strung completely out, we really need to get them as flat as possible.

You really need to get your car as close to the arm of the touchless automatic as you can. If you bump into it while moving around it's ok.

You are nobody unless your name is scratched into the walls of the car wash.

Please vac up that water out of your boat, the vacs work so much better when soaked inside.

If one bay is muddy when you pull in with your mud covered truck, be sure to use a clean bay because 2 muddy bays is much better than 1.

If you are going to do a truck bed wash out be sure there are plenty of nails and screws and make sure they go all the way out to the lot.

There I feel better!!!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
On a busy day, make sure you pull your car into the bay before going to the changer. The wait line is for beginning a phone call just prior to entering the bay and finishing five minutes after you've pulled in, just prior to the aforementioned changer trip.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
You don't need to put that cell phone down while I attempt to load your car onto my conveyor. Your conversation is much more important than not jumping out of the conveyor or running into the car in front of you because you can't be bothered to find neutral. Just ignore me while your car is now in reverse and about to smack into the one behind you. When I have to stop the conveyor, which inconveniences every other customer already in the tunnel, tell me I can't tell you what to do! When your car reaches the exit of the conveyor, just sit there until the safety shuts down the conveyor again while you continue your important conversation. Is it still legal to buy a cell phone jammer?

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
And just this morning:

"I didn't build this wash bay so that you would have a shady spot to wax your car. If you are here to wash, you're welcome...if you are here to detail your car, go somewhere else."

Etowah

cdreed06

Reaction score
Oh and forgot about the kiddie park AKA vac islands. "Come for the day, just pitch the trash out of your car and let the kids climb on the vacs and run across the lot in front of other cars. No need to watch them, you are at the car wash, its perfectly safe for kids to be running around".

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Yes , and I have always wondered why companies make signs for instructions when nobody reads them?

Randy

Reaction score
It never ends. This is what’s happened in the last 2 days

I love the guys who think there marking their turf by ****ing all over the back door.

Or the guy who tried his dog to the fence and then thought it was OK for the dog to crap in the parking lot.

Or the people who think that the Car Was is a transfer site for the dump and they backup to the dumpster when we are still there and want to clean out the back of the pick-up and get offended when we run them off.

This is the best one this week. The guy who absolutely had to retrieve the bag of priceless items from the bed of his truck in the automatic bay, when the equipment is running. When “T” bar hit his door it blew out his window and sprung his door. He had the nerve to ask us for our insurance information.

MEP001

Reaction score
I pulled up at the wash one day and saw a guy parked in a bay talking on his phone while others were waiting on an empty bay. I knocked on his window and he gave me the "Just a minute sign," so I went and checked the video. He'd been sitting there for an hour and a half, during which time at least a half-dozen other cars had pulled up behind him to wait to wash. I came back out (at this point he was finally washing) and made sure he knew he wasn't to do that again. About a week later he pulled into a bay just to detail, at which point I told him if he wasn't washing he couldn't use the bay. (After someone does something as stupid as tie up a bay for 90 minutes on a busy day to talk on the phone I don't cut them any slack.) He had the nerve to call the number posted on the door and leave a message saying I was racist.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Surely you've all had this happen. I get to the wash and all the hoses are a tangled mess and laying in the center of the bay. I think the kids are at it again, but looking back through the video, its usually 2 people tag teaming the FB and HP....But somehow they manage to get the Tri-Foam twisted up in the same mess. When their done, they try to untangle but give up...Really!!! They drive out from under the hoses and pull out of the bay. That bay is shut down till I get there to fix it...

harleygrant

Reaction score
Yes, and PLEASE dry your car off right in front of my acw for the auto!

Please bring your second muddy vehicle up of the day and use a DIFFERENT bay!

I would also like my dumpster FULL one day after it gets emptied

Thanks!

cdreed06

Reaction score
Oh and please make sure to put a dime with a quarter together in the coin acceptor so that it does not work for you or anybody else until it is opened up and removed.

And, if you put the selector on soap and try to get out rinse water... the stupid thing will still put soap out! So then you drag a trashcan in front of the bay and leave a note saying that the bay is putting out "too mush shope"

And if you have a buddy with you, and you are both muddy, you can probably fit both vehicles in the bay and if the wand and hose will reach you can get a fair amount of washing done in the lot. Remember, the key is to put as much mud where other people have to walk.

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Or the lady who was upset when I told her this auto was out of service--use the other one.. She said we should have out a cone out--I said we did --it is now under your car.

Hoser06

Reaction score
Or the inconsiderate truck drivers that drag the blue hoses over their greased swivels leaving them covered in black grease -which intern ruins the next washers work close on their lunch break!

I need to get some IP cams so I can send these guys the dry cleaning bill.

Or maybe bull dose the site and put in an express :)

soapy

Reaction score
It's Monday: Went to Sams to get towels and parked between a landscape island and the cart storage so I don't get doored. When I come out a idiot has pllud in and hit my front bumper. His car was still butted up to my bumper. He comes out and I point it out and he says "Well there is not much damage." Then I get to the wash and a fire restoration place is on one of theSS bays dumping sewage from a basement that had a backup of raw sewage.

cdreed06

Reaction score
Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed.... ;)
Reading this thread it makes one wonder if it isn't the same people traveling all over the country visiting each and every one of our washes...

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed.... ;)
Reading this thread it makes one wonder if it isn't the same people traveling all over the country visiting each and every one of our washes...
No...it's the social networking. Someone twits about doing sometime stupid at the car wash and then someone else posts about it on pastebook and everybody runs out and tries to peg the stupid meter. Their buddy videos it and posts it on y'alltube and before long...it's the new normal!!!

I swear that's why everytime I drive through a new town or city...all the crazy ash drivers find and surround me...just to post a video of my reaction on the internet!?! Social networks!!!