What's new

New and need some helpful information

Etowah

LazyBee

Reaction score
So I've got a a soft touch automatic tunnel carwash, and unfortunately the mechanic & data guys hardly did anything right and unfortunately one of the issues is my chemical setup. I've for the most part figured out most of it but the 3 issues I'm dealing with are one of the chemicals aren't even working and I'm positive I need to get a new flojet but I'm not even getting any air pressure going threw it that I can tell. And also was needing to know what the difference between the two gauges are? And also which I'm almost sure as soon as I figure out about which gauge is for what I'll probably figure this out, but I have 1 of my chemicals coming out with mostly air I need more chemical disbursement so how w

Attachments

cmawash

Reaction score
one air regulator controls pressure to flow jet flow, other regulator controls air mixture making /mixing air /water ratio check air regulators so they adjust and maybe replace flojet

OurTown

Reaction score
With that setup there will not be any air to that pump until the solenoid valve controlling the air flow gets power to it. Is this photo taken while it's supposed to be calling for that chemical? Also I noticed that you need to replace the foot valve on the concentrated chemical pick up tubing that is down into the bucket or drum. That line should always be full of chemical and I see mostly air in it.

soapy

Reaction score
The air pressure for the air mixing in to the chemical needs to be lower than the air pressure operating the pump. It has to be operating to set the pressures. I would start with the air pressure to the flojet being 80 and the air mix into chemical at 30 to 40 psi.

LazyBee

Reaction score
With that setup there will not be any air to that pump until the solenoid valve controlling the air flow gets power to it. Is this photo taken while it's supposed to be calling for that chemical? Also I noticed that you need to replace the foot valve on the concentrated chemical pick up tubing that is down into the bucket or drum. That line should always be full of chemical and I see mostly air in it.
Yeah the line for chemical pickup that fills when the mixture level in that white bucket gets low. That line I'm not concerned about I've figured those out. But it's the lines after the flojet. Here on the other ones I had to replace the flojet the air gauges still showed pressure but this one I don't get any movement on the gauges when it's on. And then also I'm unsure which gauge is the one to push more fluid into the out line.
And as far as this picture when it was taken it looks the exact same on and off. That's why I'm confused as to what the issue is and why I'm not even getting a pressure showing.

OurTown

Reaction score
Yeah the line for chemical pickup that fills when the mixture level in that white bucket gets low. That line I'm not concerned about I've figured those out. But it's the lines after the flojet. Here on the other ones I had to replace the flojet the air gauges still showed pressure but this one I don't get any movement on the gauges when it's on. And then also I'm unsure which gauge is the one to push more fluid into the out line.
And as far as this picture when it was taken it looks the exact same on and off. That's why I'm confused as to what the issue is and why I'm not even getting a pressure showing.

It is the lower air regulator that adjusts the liquid flow. How do you know for sure that it is coming on?