What's new

paint or plastic on walls - advice please

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
OK, I need some advice. My plastic on my walls at my car wash is disintegrating. Frankly, I only have plastic on my walls in my 2 IBA's. My 5 self-serves are untreated concrete block. I need to fix my walls in my IBA's and maybe brighten my walls in my SS's

Is there any paint that looks decent after a year? Is there any paint that holds up? Is plastic simply the way to go??? Any help is appreciated.

Tom Lee

Reaction score
I put Poly Max on the walls of my ss bays and have never been sorry. It's durable and nice shiny white.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I put Poly Max on the walls of my ss bays and have never been sorry. It's durable and nice shiny white.
Your Poly Max Source please.

Unless you really enjoy painting and scraping forget the paint.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
Poly max from Farmtek. Mine I did in 2ftx10ft panels.If you do it oversize holes and space panels.The grow and shrink alot. they also have stips to cover the edges also made out of the plastic. centerstrip holes every foot, panel holes ever 2 foot just up the center,

Boogie

Reaction score
We use Extrutech. I've never seen a paint that can withstand the abuse of of a carwash.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
OK, I need some advice. My plastic on my walls at my car wash is disintegrating. Frankly, I only have plastic on my walls in my 2 IBA's. My 5 self-serves are untreated concrete block. I need to fix my walls in my IBA's and maybe brighten my walls in my SS's

Is there any paint that looks decent after a year? Is there any paint that holds up? Is plastic simply the way to go??? Any help is appreciated.
It seems that Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) has been a good choice for us!

Much better longevity than paint no matter how good the paint supposedly is.

MJ

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Poly max from Farmtek. Mine I did in 2ftx10ft panels.If you do it oversize holes and space panels.The grow and shrink alot. they also have stips to cover the edges also made out of the plastic. centerstrip holes every foot, panel holes ever 2 foot just up the center,
Do you use the 1/8" or 1/16" thickness?

What are pros and cons of Polymax = 100% high density polyethylene (HDPE) versus the FRP?

Bill Manke

Reaction score
Do you use the 1/8" or 1/16" thickness?

What are pros and cons of Polymax = 100% high density polyethylene (HDPE) versus the FRP?
I use 3/16 don't go with the really thin stuff it will just warp from the hot and cold. Even the center strips and the end strips are really thick.
Pros: If a panel gets damaged they can be turned around to use the other side or replaced. use a jig to make sure all the wholes are in the same location.
Con: Probably show the dirt and should be cleaned more often. than we do. we heavy clean ours twice a year. we clean every day for the loose stuff. But water stains are only twice a year.

Will try to get pics on here later.