What's new

Pdq Troubled

wolfe

PDQ Wolfe
Reaction score
Laser 4000 (with treadle) on the 7$ wash customer can enter but then nothing happens. Treadle bushings are tight JO panel shows time exceeded. When I go over it works perfect. Prox switches seem to be operating ok as well any guesses out there?? I hate reimbursing people.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know what your 7 dollar wash consists of, but I have a few questions for you.
1 does the $7 wash have underbody?
2 does any other wash have underbody?
3 If other washes have underbody, are you experiencing the same timeout issus with them?

If the answers are yes to all three questions, I would say you have a problem with your underbody sensor system. It could be photo eyes, input output cards, amplifier, or relay. It could be as simple as adjusting the sensitivity.

I think what is happening,( I am assuming the answer to all three questions is yes), is that the time out is happening because the start of the wash package in this case comes from the underbody start, nat the wheel well switch.

wolfe

PDQ Wolfe
Reaction score
I have 5$ 7$ 8$ washes, the 7$ & 8$ wash only have underbody. My counts show on the tape 5$ & 8$ washes are operating the customers that have been calling in are the 7$ washes. I just replaced treadle rubbers, thinking sensitivity on the proxes were the trouble, also double checked connections @ proxes ,ran several 7$ washes through with no trouble yet. I should see were the amp is set as well. Thank you for your info. I will let you know if I get the trouble located.

jcollins

Reaction score
With an entrance timeout, the CPU is not seeing the input from the "stop" prox on the treadle. I'd think either there is a problem with the prox switch and cord or something mechanically with the treadle.
A faulty prox switch and cord can "sometimes" work and fail.
I've also seen treadles where customers have bent the guide roller over towards the wall on the driver's side too much. This would allow a tire rubbing against the guide roller to get on top of the angle iron guard over the "stop" prox and not have enough pressure on the ramp assembly to hold the target tab in front of the "stop" prox. This can be corrected by cutting off the guide roller bracket and rewelding in the correct position.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Are you sure the wash is loading? I have had a problem with an ACW button before. Of course, all problems were always with the same wash which made me finally look to the ACW and found that one switch didn't work a lot of the time.

wolfe

PDQ Wolfe
Reaction score
wolfe

Ok found the troble to be in the treadle, the bushings were worn just enough to cause the treadle to move far enough away from the prox. Replaced the bushings and rubbers, adjusted the proxes closer to the tabs, no trouble since. It is difficult sometimes to isolate issues but I knew it had to be somewhere in the entrance. Thank you for your help guys, this is what this site is about, offering information and finding solutions you can share.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I have one other great suggestion--get rid of the treadle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

galen

Reaction score
Wolfe, I had the treadles for years and dealt with the problems that came with them. Once I changed to the Virtual treadle, my problems have decreased 90%. Like Gator said "get rid of the treadle". My old treadles have been laying in my pasture 5 years now.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
X3...VT is a must. I too changed out all 4 that we have about 4 years ago. The last 4 years have been much easier on me than the first 4 with POS treadle.

wolfe

PDQ Wolfe
Reaction score
Wolfe

I do have 1 location with the virtual treadle and like you dont have any trouble, this is an older site but I am upgrading as I go..