What's new

Programmable LED Signage, How effective.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I have a self serve automatic with three self serve bays and two automatic bays. It faces a McDonald's drive thru. I have been contemplating buying an LED sign that faces the McDonald's. I have read that these can sometimes increase business as much as 25%. These are very expensive and I don't want to do it unless I see positive immediate results. I talk to the McDonald's employees and from their estimates as many as 25 cars an hour come through in non-peak times. I estimate that 800 cars a day come through that I could be feeding my propaganda to. I was wondering if anyone had any experience from utilizing these signs. Any comments positive and negative would be greatly appreciated.
Buzzy

raisetheprice

Reaction score
I have the drivebay fm radio broadcasting a message about the carwash and a banner telling the folks in the McDonald's drive thru line to tune to my radio station. Alot cheaper that your reader board and I think just as effective. I had street signs made that tell them to tune in while their washing their car too. In the message we tell them about all of the carwash's services.

chiggybite

Reaction score
I have a resturaunt and car washes,I recently purchased an LED sign for my rest. I've had pretty good response with it, and just today purchased two more for the washes. I would advise to get the 3 color and make sure you get one big enough, don't try to get by with one that is too small. Mine are
10' by 3' and they do a good job of getting your display out. lots of luck

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I'm sure you know but check with the city to see if you need a permit before spending any money.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
chiggybite,
If you do not mind me asking about how much do you have invested in the signs. I know there are different specs with the density (pixelation) of the full color signs. I am looking at a high density color sign and will have over $12k in a 3'x5' sign. I think I need to go bigger. Township will allow 50 sq ft. Not sure I can afford much more.

Etowah

chiggybite

Reaction score
I paid just about $3000 per sign delivered. Mine were not the full color. They were three color. They were also single sided. The reason i purchased on the 31st of march is because they went up @ $600 per sign on the first of april. I can get you in touch with them if you are interested.