What's new

Rename your car wash?

floppgean

Reaction score
I’m thinking about when I buy a car wash. I’m gonna rename it to something positive. Perhaps I’ll name it. Fresh start car wash..

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the name matters less than most new business owners think.

name is often an ego thing. the most important thing on the sign is "car wash". the name should be smaller font than car wash.

if there is significant brand recognition in the name and it is allowed in the terms of the sale, leave the name as is.

floppgean

Reaction score
That’s a great point! The factors that will keep people coming back are the practical elements like how well their car is cleaned, ease of access, and how welcome they feel. The name might make them curious, but delivering on what they need is what truly sets your business apart. I get it!

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Finding a good name for your car wash is important, but finding one that has an available matching website domain is the trick.

I spent a good chunk of time and money trademarking my wash's name when I first opened. Now I'm creating a new brand for the new washes I'm planning, and I won't be registering the names this time. I just care about securing the website domain.

ShinePro

Reaction score
I bought a wash that was basically turn key, just needed new chemicals and tweaking. In Excellent condition!
We did not change the name much!

Bought another that was the exact opposite. Could not wait to get the new sign up and change the name so people knew that things were a changing!

floppgean

Reaction score
I bought a wash that was basically turn key, just needed new chemicals and tweaking. In Excellent condition!
We did not change the name much!

Bought another that was the exact opposite. Could not wait to get the new sign up and change the name so people knew that things were a changing!
That’s Awesome! The change paid off for you.

ShinePro

Reaction score
Hard to say!
The new Airlift doors
New Razor with my wash packages to replace D&S junk-
Probably made the most difference.

After 3 years and reflection
I agree with some of the above statements that the name means very little in the long run.
Unless, you are trying to create a brand.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the name is not something the customer thinks about. they are concerned with wash quality and price and how the place feels ( safe, sketchy, nice, dumpy).

customer a: "hey your car looks great! what carwash do you use?"

customer b:" the one by walmart"

etc

ShinePro

Reaction score
the name is not something the customer thinks about. they are concerned with wash quality and price and how the place feels ( safe, sketchy, nice, dumpy).

customer a: "hey your car looks great! what carwash do you use?"

customer b:" the one by walmart"

etc
Thats hilarious!

cause I’m “the one across from Nick’s”