What's new

RO Unit Recommendations

Sselby

Reaction score
What RO unit is everyone recommending on a small-town wash budget? Would like to deliver to SS bays and IBA, but IBA is my main focus. It’s the only thing holding me up from opening my IBA at this point, and can’t get an old unit running. I already have softeners and charcoal filter.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
I don't think any RO units are budget friendly. How much water do you need to make to support your IBA?

imo, Petit is making the best RO unit.

Compact unit and you can scale it anywhere from 4 to 8 membranes. Has a display with incoming and permeate TDS readouts. Stainless construction. Solid unit.

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
We prefer Axeon units. We've been spec'ing them for over 20 years. As an end user however you can't purchase directly from Axeon.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Whats wrong with your system? What's your incoming water quality and street pressure?

There is a four membrane purclean system on one of the car wash Facebook groups that someone is asking 5K for.

Sselby

Reaction score
Whats wrong with your system? What's your incoming water quality and street pressure?

There is a four membrane purclean system on one of the car wash Facebook groups that someone is asking 5K for.
Greg, I’ve had a couple techs take a look at it. Had the production pump and delivery working, but separately. When we try to get both online, it’s blowing fuses and the contactor won’t stay pulled in if the fuse doesn’t blow.
Incoming quality is 134PPM
Pressure at about 70PsI

I have a small town wash, a 4 membrane would be pretty overkill. Although, that’s a great deal.

OurTown

Reaction score
Sounds like you need another tech. Did you or they check the amp draw on each pump? At many washes production and delivery systems are separate so if all else fails why not abandon the delivery pump on the unit and use a separate one?

Sselby

Reaction score
Sounds like you need another tech. Did you or they check the amp draw on each pump? At many washes production and delivery systems are separate so if all else fails why not abandon the delivery pump on the unit and use a separate one?
Lol AGREED. Hard to find anyone with SFR knowledge in my area.

Could do that, just not sure on the wiring. My tech is definitely not sure hahaha

OurTown

Reaction score
If the manufacturer of the unit is still in business call them for tech support.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Agree you don't need four membranes but the controls are in place.

Never understood why techs struggle with RO. A production system could be as simple as a membrane, pump, a float switch, pressure switch with a time delay relay, a couple of valves and a regulator.Many manufacturers make one with proprietary waste valves, etc. If you recapture and reuse the reject you don't have to squeeze every bit of efficiency out of it. It's soft and should be fine for rinse or chemical blending. I use my reject to blend chemicals on my istobal.

I've had a booster pump die before and the two XLE membranes would push out over 1GPM on regulated 50 psi street pressure. However It wastes a lot of water if you don't have a way to recapture.

Last edited: