What's new

Ryko Code-a-Wash Default Password or Reset Password

CHFShane

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm the IT technician for a company that owns and runs some gas stations that have carwashes. All of our carwashes have the Ryko Code-a-Wash unit installed which also communicates with our POS system.

In the past, everything was working perfectly. We had an issue where they Ryko (or we believe Ryko unit) stopped communicating with our POS, so Ryko replaced the Code-a-Wash box.

The problems still exists. I have tested all of the cabling, and it is okay, so that is not the issue.

I'm wondering if the first Ryko box really was bad, and the replacement they brought out just isn't configured properly?

Problem is, I cannot get into the admin menus of the Code-a-Wash box because it is asking for an admin password, and the previous IT tech did not leave that with me.

Is there a default admin password I can try, or is there any other way to go in and reset this?

I have tried everything I can think of with no luck.

We're able to sell wash codes directly from the Code-a-Wash...just not through our POS and at the gas pumps like we normally would be able to.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Last edited:

Ryko CS

Reaction score
If the site is the original model CAW IV which contains a keypad and a two line display, you will need a programming console. The password is BMT.

CHFShane

Reaction score
If the site is the original model CAW IV which contains a keypad and a two line display, you will need a programming console. The password is BMT.
Thanks for the reply Darin. I'm not at the site right now and don't remember the model off the top of my head, but I know it's a color touchscreen model. I believe it running embedded Windows as the OS.

EDIT:

It looks like this one:

Thanks,
Shane

Last edited:

wmarkel

Reaction score
I have a code-a-wash PC with separate screen. It says code-a-wash IV IC on it and has a serial number 205318. I need the Windows administrator password please. Thanks.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
CAW iC Administrator Password

I have a code-a-wash PC with separate screen. It says code-a-wash IV IC on it and has a serial number 205318. I need the Windows administrator password please. Thanks.
For sites that process CC through a CAW iC, either the site operator manages the password, or they are maintained and changed every 90 days. I sent you a PM so you can discuss with others from my team to help you with what you are working on.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Remove the cable that connects between the CAW and the POS system. Jumper pins 2 and 3. Go into system setup and run a POS diagnostics test. If that passes, then the problem is external to the CAW and more likely a port on the POS system.

dhaksan

Reaction score
I talk to support (Ron) on the phone and got what I needed. Thanks!
I know this is almost 10 years old thread. I am in the exact same situation. Do you remember, what the issue was?

Ryko CS

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but as this was a 12 year old thread that was specific to a site having some issues, it would probably be better if you sent me a PM describing exactly what model of CAW you have, and what the issue is you are experiencing. Will be happy to try to assist, but this original thread went multiple different directions and was site specific.