What's new

Security Cameras

mmurra

Reaction score
Put up a sign on the dumpster "$100 / bag dump fee / you are on camera" might slow down the trash problem. We were losing a lot of towels at the exit end of our tunnel. Put a sign on the cart reminding them about the camera. Towel loss dropped way off.

ProCarWashes

Reaction score
Update

Update on illegal dumping of mud. Owner of company called and was very sorry about what had happened. He confronted the foreman on the job that day and he fessed up to everything. The owner even offered to have him come to my business to apologize. He said to fax all cost to him and he would come to my place and look me in the eye and give it to me. I have found that this guy's company is in a small town but is a large operation. That sub contracts for the telephone and utility companies. They bore holes for poles where augers are to dangerous to use. Everyone I have talked to about his company said they have a good reputation. I think this was a case of gross employee error. A recorder and cameras are a very good investment. If I had not installed these or use poor quality equipment, I would have always wondered who had done this.

MEP001

Reaction score
I had a similar issue where someone backed up a trailer to the dumpster (left unlocked after being emptied a few hours before) and filled it completely full with debris by a HVAC company employee. I caught it on video and called the company who offered to pay for the extra pickup. They were very apologetic and quick to make right what their employee did wrong.

MEP001

Reaction score
mmurra said:
Put up a sign on the dumpster "$100 / bag dump fee / you are on camera" might slow down the trash problem.
Rather than a "fee," listing it as a fine might be a better approach. Here it's illegal to use someone's dumpster without their permission and the police will fine someone $200 for doing it. Posting it as a fee might say it's permissible under certain conditions.

Ross wash

Reaction score
camera

We have been using a dvr system that works really well and they have night vision, action activated, submergable, so there great for the car wash. I think i bought them form tommy wash a few years back.

MEP001

Reaction score
cleaning up mud said:
I was the only one that gets upset about that!
You still get upset? Must be why you're getting so gray.