What's new

SS tire shine

MEP001

Reaction score
I used a fragrance gun and shampooer pump and made a test Armor All spray applicator that worked extremely well. I was able to cover all four tires with half a 4-oz. bottle.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I used a fragrance gun and shampooer pump and made a test Armor All spray applicator that worked extremely well. I was able to cover all four tires with half a 4-oz. bottle.
I have an old stand alone AA machine. (In my back room now) It was made by a Fragrance machine mfgr. Same idea except there was a button on the gun so that the solenoid only opened with the button pushed.

Have kept it because I thought I might resurrectit some day. It was a messy PITA without as much payback as I hoped.

soapy

Reaction score
I like to use the tire shine with a brush sprayer attachment. It helps get a even coat on the tire compared to just spraying it on. I think any thing that has a timer and coin mech can be converted to a tire shiner for very little money. Old fragrance machines are a good candidate. I have a vac/frangrance combo that never sold much fragrance at all. I may convert it over.
I just used the tire shine on a atv with a lot of black plastic. Makes them look brand new. With as many ATVs as I get at the washes I will be demonstrating the machine to them. I think they might end up being the biggest users. I might change the decals to say tire/ATV shine.

MEP001

Reaction score
Earl Weiss said:
I have an old stand alone AA machine. (In my back room now) It was made by a Fragrance machine mfgr. Same idea except there was a button on the gun so that the solenoid only opened with the button pushed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tsv6Hh6HVg

I moved wiring around to make both the air solenoid and shampoo pump come on with the button. Yes, I can see it becoming messy in a hurry - you can see a lot of overspray on the ground. I know someone who removed the machine for the reasons you mentioned and one other: the timer ran only when the button was pressed, and his customers would park at the machine and spend an hour detailing with it while no one else could use it.

soapy

Reaction score
I have converted 2 vacs to tire shine and am currently working on making my own cabinets for more that I will build myself.