What's new

Theft

washregal

Reaction score
I am getting hammered with stainless steel Trash cans being stolen left and right.

Started with my trash cans, now SS Wand holders, SS Vac Domes, and now they are trying to steel my aluminum guide rails in my automatic.

Just bought a camera system cannot get it in until the first week of June.

Has anyone staked their place out.. Cought anyone.. prosecuted.. If so was it worth it...

I can't believe that it has come to this.. It looks like with gas at 4.00 a gallon it will get worse before it gets better.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've even considered being proactive and replacing the SS vac domes with plastic. It's amazing how they make vacs with domes that can be removed with a Phillips screwdriver, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they're missing one day.

I always double-nut stuff that I don't want unbolted and stolen, with the second nut secured with red Loc-Tite.

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
We had 4 SS tops for Adams vacs stolen a couple of years ago and my employee ran into a homeless guy with a cart taking them to the local junk yard. We had padlocks (Wilson Bohannon), but it was an easy fix and put them back on the vacs. They were about $350.00 if we had to replace them.

We have had two back-flow preventors stolen and replaced them. Got them on camera but couldn't identify.

Such is life!!

dustpan

Reaction score
Usually when you get a run of the same crime being committed it?s the same guy. You need to put him in jail. I have put a few in jail over the years and it IS worth it. Right is right and wrong is wrong. We prosecute.