What's new

Timer Buzzer

Rodney #62

Reaction score
I had just recently bought an older carwash that had been shut down for several years and was wondering, does anyone know if it is possible to install a timer buzzer on a GS-7.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Looking at the wiring diagram, I don’t see any way to add a buzzer. Maybe @Dan kamsickas can tell you for sure.
Nope. There is no output for a buzzer on a GS-7. In fact the GS-7 has been obsolete for almost 2 decades. I would strongly suggest looking at upgrading your meterboxes. How bad is the rest of the equipment? If you've still got GS-7s I suspect it isn't very good.

Rodney #62

Reaction score
Nope. There is no output for a buzzer on a GS-7. In fact the GS-7 has been obsolete for almost 2 decades. I would strongly suggest looking at upgrading your meterboxes. How bad is the rest of the equipment? If you've still got GS-7s I suspect it isn't very good.
So do you suggest the TIGS-402 as the replacement? Thanks for getting back with me.

Randy

Reaction score
So do you suggest the TIGS-402 as the replacement? Thanks for getting back with me.
Why don't you replace the face plates, you have them made and then use a Dixmor LED-7 timer with a horn.

Rodney #62

Reaction score
I don't unless it's very short term just to get the bay up and running until you can put in proper meterboxes with credit card readers and display timers at a minimum.
This is a very small town and to put that kind of money into it, it would take a long time to recoup the money. I have just added two swipers just to see if it is worth doing at all. If I was in a bigger town then I would have no problem in changing everything, now if you want to give me a super great deal that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg then it might be possible. (The town I live in if you blink when you go by you would probably miss it. LOL

Rodney #62

Reaction score
I don't unless it's very short term just to get the bay up and running until you can put in proper meterboxes with credit card readers and display timers at a minimum.
(The town I live in if you blink when you go by you would probably miss it.) LOL I don't think it would be cost effective.

Rodney #62

Reaction score
Why don't you replace the face plates, you have them made and then use a Dixmor LED-7 timer with a horn.
(The town I live in if you blink when you go by you would probably miss it.) LOL I don't think it would be cost effective.

Rodney #62

Reaction score
Actually, everything works well That is why I was just wanting to fix the timers so it would let people know when they were running out of time so if they needed to, they could add more time to it.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Actually, everything works well That is why I was just wanting to fix the timers so it would let people know when they were running out of time so if they needed to, they could add more time to it.
The only option for that is to upgrade to the GS401 timer. It has a 24VAC output for a last coin alert beeper.

Rodney #62

Reaction score
So this is not the Really does not do what they are stating then? From Kleen-Rite

Product Description
GS-402 Accumulative Vacuum Timer
The GinSan GS-402 Timer is an accumulating style timer designed for car wash vacuums, self-serve wash bays, fragrance machines, and more. This 24 volt vacuum timer features built-in overload protection and a variety of setting options for time per coin, coins to start, coins accumulated, quick restart time, and low time alert.
  • Input Power: 20 - 32 VAC
  • Power Output: 24 VAC
  • Time per coin: 1 - 511 seconds
  • Coins to Start: 1 - 31 coins
  • Coins Accumulated: 1 - 255 coin pulses
  • Quick Restart Time: 1 - 60 seconds
  • Low Time Alert: 1 - 120 seconds
  • Overload Protection: Built in
  • Display: # coins or tokens accepted
  • Warranty: 2 years
  • Replaces These Models: TIGS-7 & TIKR-7

Rodney #62

Reaction score
I will look into the GS401 timer,
and probably order 2 of them for now.

I really appreciate your help and letting me know which one to use.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
So this is not the Really does not do what they are stating then? From Kleen-Rite

Product Description
GS-402 Accumulative Vacuum Timer
The GinSan GS-402 Timer is an accumulating style timer designed for car wash vacuums, self-serve wash bays, fragrance machines, and more. This 24 volt vacuum timer features built-in overload protection and a variety of setting options for time per coin, coins to start, coins accumulated, quick restart time, and low time alert.
  • Input Power: 20 - 32 VAC
  • Power Output: 24 VAC
  • Time per coin: 1 - 511 seconds
  • Coins to Start: 1 - 31 coins
  • Coins Accumulated: 1 - 255 coin pulses
  • Quick Restart Time: 1 - 60 seconds
  • Low Time Alert: 1 - 120 seconds
  • Overload Protection: Built in
  • Display: # coins or tokens accepted
  • Warranty: 2 years
  • Replaces These Models: TIGS-7 & TIKR-7
There is no Quick Restart Time, Low Time Alert or Display on a GS402. Looks like they have the description of a GS401 there.

Rodney #62

Reaction score
There is no Quick Restart Time, Low Time Alert or Display on a GS402. Looks like they have the description of a GS401 there.
Yeah I think they should be told about that so no one buys it thinking it would work.
I appreciate you letting me know which one I need, Thanks have a great day.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Yeah I think they should be told about that so no one buys it thinking it would work.
I appreciate you letting me know which one I need, Thanks have a great day.
I've already discussed it with them. In their defense, with the number and variety of parts they have it's a MASSIVE undertaking to keep up with that sort of thing.