What's new

Tokens - do I need a Mars Validator with a new changer

Etowah

Excel

Reaction score
Vandals have destroyed my vacuums. My plan is to switch to tokens for the vacuums. In order to do this I need to get another Bill changer. I have been a big supporter of Mars validators but I was wonder if they were necessary in a token only machine? Would anyone string for tokens? Any comments on Pyramid validators (I know nothing). I think I can get the bill changer somewhat cheaper if do it without a Mars validator..

Kirb

Reaction score
I would stick with the Mars. Sounds like you allready have multiple Mars validators so if you have a problem you only need one spare. Whats the price difference?

Excel

Reaction score
Looks like the price difference is about $220. Just things are tight now on top of no vacuum revenue.

mjc3333

Reaction score
Vandals have destroyed my vacuums. My plan is to switch to tokens for the vacuums. In order to do this I need to get another Bill changer. I have been a big supporter of Mars validators but I was wonder if they were necessary in a token only machine? Would anyone string for tokens? Any comments on Pyramid validators (I know nothing). I think I can get the bill changer somewhat cheaper if do it without a Mars validator..
Stick with the Mars validator. The extra $$ will pay off in the long run.

Excel

Reaction score
Kirb, I have bill acceptors on the vacuums and in the self service bays. Vandals have only attacked the vacuums first for the quarters.. later for the bills.. pretty much destroyed them.. no connected alarms on them. My SS has alarms on bill acceptor and coin area so vandals so far have stayed away.. I like the convience for my customers of the bill acceptors or quarters and don't want to switch unless I'm forced to.. Vacuum destuction has forced the issue there.

Kirb

Reaction score
Excel,
I wouldn't be able to justify having any brand of bill acceptors if they are going to broke into or vandalized. I think you have to fix the root problem. Do you have cameras? If you have problems call the police and maybe they can drive by more often to help prevent vandals. How do you alarm your bay bill acceptors?