What's new

Unitec Portal TI Issues

WOB

Reaction score
Hello All,

Having an ongoing and sporadic issue with (3) Portal TI pay stations. I get temporary screen lock ups, or blacked out screens sometimes and then get error emails showing Peripheral: "discrete IO" errors, with a Device: "AutoOos" errors.

There 3 paystations are networked to a Unitec Serria Site Server that is the server for all 3.

Sometimes this error is just happening on one machine, sometimes it happens on 2 or 3. Happens sporadicly on all 3, but rarely on all 3 at the same time. Nothing has been changed with their configuration or setup and system ran flawlessly for 2.5 years. When it occurs it only lasts for a few minutes but customers have no ability to use the touch screens until the errors clear.

The errors do not last long enough to get support on the phone to troubleshoot the issue. Techs with Unitec say the problem must be occurring to troubleshoot but the problem resolves in 5 minutes or so before I can get support call scheduled!

Has anyone ever experienced this and discovered the cause/fix?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

RocketWash

Reaction score
this is interesting. We had a customer call to say the touch screen was frozen one day. it took her payment but she couldnt select a wash. by the time i got there it was working properly again and no one has mentioned the problem since. I've had good luck with unitecs support but really dont like how you get in contact with them.