What's new

Vacuum boom retrofit

Dick Nitro

Reaction score
Hey all,

Is there a good vacuum boom retrofit kit that anyone has installed and liked? Or maybe even a holster like a gas pump? I have premier express and d&s power rounds (basically the same style 2” hose, 2 motor units) I simply can’t handle going after work to tidy up and then see someone throw them all straight on the ground on camera 5 mins after I leave every day.

Maybe I’m just new and thin-skinned, but I can’t believe how many people (usually younger) put absolutely zero effort in hanging the hoses back up and then the place looks dingy until someone returns. There has to be a solution. I appreciate your ideas. Thanks

OurTown

Reaction score
I think it also happens to a lesser extent at the express exteriors with the arches. They are attended at all open hours so they are hung back up much sooner. Focus on getting better customers by raising your standards so you can raise your prices. That won't fix it but it will make it better.

TMoliver

Reaction score
I remember Tom Hoffman jr. many years ago at an ICA seminar stat the best way he found to get his customers to pickup behind themself was to increase pricing, offer more services and add lighting . This way he was the highest price wash in town. He was able to get rid of the buck washers and the trash liters as well as see increase revenue and lower vandalism over the site.

Dick Nitro

Reaction score
I remember Tom Hoffman jr. many years ago at an ICA seminar stat the best way he found to get his customers to pickup behind themself was to increase pricing, offer more services and add lighting . This way he was the highest price wash in town. He was able to get rid of the buck washers and the trash liters as well as see increase revenue and lower vandalism over the site.
yes I’m going down this path… I’m in process of flipping the place but also worried to increase prices until I’ve improved things to the point that I’d personally be happy with the price if I was a customer. Otherwise I may shoot myself in the foot. I guess I can at least look forward to my customer base shifting as improvements happen and that this is hopefully temporary.

Dick Nitro

Reaction score
Mine is more of a homemade setup. It works well stopped 80% of the hose on the ground. And post number 3 is right on. My vacuums are $3 to start.
phenomenal! This is exactly what I had in mind. Thank you for this example. I intend to implement something like this. Thank you!

Timmb

Reaction score
The booms are modified air shammee booms. Not cheap but cheaper than anything else out there.