What's new

Wash World Maintenance Questions

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To all you Washworld Touchfree machine operators: Tell me about your machine maintenance routines and tips please.

Specifically:

1. greasing and lubricating the bay equipment,

2. replacing chemical lines and hoses in the bay.

3. replacing sensors and /or cables for vehicle sizing and machine start / stop.

4. replacing gear motors and electric motors / their wiring in the bay.

5. replacing drive wheel bearings in the bay.

6. replacing / repairing chemical injectors and hoses / polytubing and belts on pump stand.

7. replacing / repairing pumps for high and low pressure on pump stand and their corresponding motors.

Thank you

bobcat9095

Reaction score
I have had a Razor 1 for 9 years.

1. greasing and lubricating the bay equipment. Once a month

2. replacing chemical lines and hoses in the bay. As needed. Either when they break or look like they need replacing. Different lines last different lengths of time due to use/exposure.

3. replacing sensors and /or cables for vehicle sizing and machine start / stop. As needed.

4. replacing gear motors and electric motors / their wiring in the bay. As needed. Changed all three gear boxes after 7 years. Motors will last a while. Then one on the arch has a shorter life span due to exposure.

5. replacing drive wheel bearings in the bay. As needed. Replaced after 7 1/2 years

6. replacing / repairing chemical injectors and hoses / polytubing and belts on pump stand. As needed. Different injectors last different lengths of time depending on what chemical is running through them. Have never changed the belt.

7. replacing / repairing pumps for high and low pressure on pump stand and their corresponding motors. Still have the original HP motor. Change the oil 1X year. I had the pump rebuilt (seals, rings, etc) about 6 months ago. I have replaced the LP pump 3 times.

This machine does about 20,000 washes a year. It's amazing how long parts last with as much as they work. Feel free to DM me with any questions.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I want to know Do you have heated triple foam pods on the razor so you dont have to weep water through all those holes in the winter & the same also for the Foam & Glow how does that bar not freeze in winter do you have to weep water in that also plus the spray arch. I wish someone could tell me that lives in a cold climate without doors. Do you really have to have Foam & flow in this day and age or no. thanks in advance

Last edited:

slash007

Reaction score
What grease are you using on the Razor? Mine just became due for greasing and I figured I'd check on the best grease to use first. Thanks.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I want to know Do you have heated triple foam pods on the razor so you dont have to weep water through all those holes in the winter & the same also for the Foam & Glow how does that bar not freeze in winter do you have to weep water in that also plus the spray arch. I wish someone could tell me that lives in a cold climate without doors. Do you really have to have Foam & flow in this day and age or no. thanks in advance
Foan n flow is nice but I prefer a rainbar style application it's less maintenance versus trying get that curtain which always seems to never form unless you use a ultra concentrated chemical

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Foan n flow is nice but I prefer a rainbar style application it's less maintenance versus trying get that curtain which always seems to never form unless you use a ultra concentrated chemical
That's what I have heard, but how do you not keep it from freezing in the winter if you don't have doors. Do you have to weep water through the 100 holes on it

DiamondWash

Reaction score
You can do water weep or air blow down, just out of curiosity why wouldn't you have doors for a $140k system that's like buying a $90k Mercedes and leaving all the windows down while parked in the Ghetto.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
You can do water weep or air blow down, just out of curiosity why wouldn't you have doors for a $140k system that's like buying a $90k Mercedes and leaving all the windows down while parked in the Ghetto.
i know alot of people that do not have doors where i live 20K for doors is alot. Its a many many of a laser 4000s that don't

22MVR22

Reaction score
What grease are you using on the Razor? Mine just became due for greasing and I figured I'd check on the best grease to use first. Thanks.
Washworld strongly recommends using Jet Lube Artic Grease. It is the best grease for the application and is what is used when the machine is built. Any other grease cannot compare. I would also strongly recommend reviewing the Maintenance section of your owners manual. This lays out basic maintenance practices and if followed will have the best chance at keeping maintenance costs and downtime to a minimum.

slash007

Reaction score
Washworld strongly recommends using Jet Lube Artic Grease. It is the best grease for the application and is what is used when the machine is built. Any other grease cannot compare. I would also strongly recommend reviewing the Maintenance section of your owners manual. This lays out basic maintenance practices and if followed will have the best chance at keeping maintenance costs and downtime to a minimum.
Appreciate the reply, I actually just got some Jet Lube in yesterday.

MEP001

Reaction score
Washworld strongly recommends using Jet Lube Artic Grease. It is the best grease for the application and is what is used when the machine is built.
It's also not a good idea to mix different types of grease. Marine grade wheel bearing lube might work fine (It's what I used on D&S 5000's I used to service) but different types can react and cause problems.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Jet Lube Artic is what PDQ recommends on the Laserwash 4000 I use it also good grease

Last edited:

S-AB84

Reaction score
Jet-Lube makes several different types of grease. It’s always a good idea to avoid mixing different grease types, ie lithium with calcium, etc.

slash007

Reaction score
What are you guys using for the paste around the Lumen Arch? Says silver conductive grease is to be applied monthly. Any particular kind/brand?

S-AB84

Reaction score
I have used electrically conductive grease made by Kluber Lubrication in the past. Their US HQ is in New Hampshire, I think. Most lubricants and greases are insulators rather than conductors so a conductive grease or paste makes sense here. Another brand is Cool-Amp. Grainger may have such a paste.