What's new

We Want Your Feedback

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
We had a problem with one of our early ShurVend Half-Pint rearload vendors that we made a service call to fix. We found the problem, made the fix, and everything is working properly again. We made the fix many months ago and incorporated it into the vendor design. The introduction of any new equipment design always has its little problems that need to be tweaked to make it better. We have had very few complants over the past 8 years on any of our equipment designs which is both good and bad. We always take the positve attitude that "No news is good news" on our equipment and that the customer is happy with the way the vendor works. However, sometimes it is just "too quiet" out there in "customer land" and that makes us nervous.

Soooooooo, we are asking for customers to give us some feedback on any of our vendors, both small and full size, so we can evaluate any suggestions or problems to see if we can improve our designs. Some companies may not want to hear from their customers about problems or idiosyncrasies of their equipment, but we do at ShurVend. The only way we can improve is if we know how the vendors operate in the real world.

We do appreciate all the business that we have had and continue to receive, but there is always room for improvement. If we know, then we can improve.

Uncle Sam :)

Eric H

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is some kind of latch to keep the doors open when servicing the machine. It gets pretty wind at one of my washes.

BTW: I only thought of this because you asked not because it has been an "issue" for me.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Eric,

We don't have that much wind here, so we would never have thought of that. Every location has it own environment and special circumstances, so we appreciate knowing about them. Thanks, Eric; we'll put that into the "computer"!

Uncle Sam :)

jprb

Reaction score
A metal coin chute on the inside of the vender might be nice. I found our plastic one had either gotten pushed open by a knife, or something, causing the quarters to clog up.

As Eric said, this was no issue and has only happened once, but just something for the "computer".

JPRB

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
JPRB,

Thanks for the info. I have had the same trouble myself over the years. Some clowns always think they can get something by sticking a screwdrive or ??? into the coin slot. I solved the problem by using electrical tape to wrap the coin chute so everything stayed together; never had any more problems.

The manufacturer does have a sheet metal coin chute, but it is for a special model that they build. I don't know if it will fit (geometry and all) into the normal run of vendors, but I will try it and let you know.

Uncle Sam

Last edited:

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
JPRB,

I installed one of the sheet metal coin chutes in a normal vendor; works just as good as the plastic chute. If you want to replace the plastic one with a metal one, the cost is $6.15 plus what UPS charges. We learn something new every day.

Thanks for the info and we found a fix if you want to change it.

Uncle Sam

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
yeah, the wind is a pain here too.

in spite of adding a canopy above the vendor, glare is still a significant problem. (vendor faces south). Much better with the canopy, but still not great.

Had a few cans of coke get dinged & then tiny spraying leaks when vended. (Twice I think, might have been 3 times.) We simply stopped selling cans & now sell the 12 oz plastic bottles. Costs us a little bit more, but eliminated the problem.

Would be nice to have the ability to see if there are any error codes without opening up the machine - kind of an "instant status" check. (Like pressing * to see the internal temp -- maybe press # to see a list of error codes or "no codes".)

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Paul,

Glare has always been a problem that we have worked to fix. We asked many prople, but can not seem to find anyone that can help. We do put extra lighting into the vendor which helps some, but no cigar! We are still trying to find a way to lessen the glare, but no fix yet.

The soda cans leaking has been a problem that we have had for years. The aluminum is so thin that any sharp point in the vendor or dropping them will cause them to leak.

We have passed on to the manufacturer your request for being able to poll the the vendor for "error messages". This is a good idea for improvement in the operation of the vendor. Thanks for the suggestion.

Keep the suggestions and ideas coming.

Uncle Sam

Andy

Reaction score
I don’t own one of your vendors, yet so I don’t know if this is already a feature, but here’s an idea…

Keep the money separate from the product during stocking. For example, if you want to have your attendant stock the shelves, but not have access to the money. Maybe have a separate access door and key to access to the money.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Andy,
My shurvend visi-combo has the money in the door .The door then has one key to access the bills and another key to access the change. I went with the Credit card option which is awesome, it e-mails me everyday at 4am as to yesterdays sales, another guard against theft. If you are interested i can e-mail you a report i get. Beware, if you order one, you spend more time ordering product and stocking the shelves, I do double to triple my old vending sales.
John

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Andy,

The features that you suggested are already part of our vendor package whether it is the full sized vendors or the new small vendors that we make.

We do appreciate your input and ideas on our products. That way we can learn what our customers or potential customers want and respond to them.

Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
John,

I'm sorry you have to do all this ordering of products and restocking of the vendor! lol I have heard that complaint before. If you have trouble carrying the money to the bank, you can send it to me and I'm never to busy to deposit it!

Thanks for the good report on the credit card system.

Uncle Sam

Andy

Reaction score
Andy,
My shurvend visi-combo has the money in the door .The door then has one key to access the bills and another key to access the change. I went with the Credit card option which is awesome, it e-mails me everyday at 4am as to yesterdays sales, another guard against theft. If you are interested i can e-mail you a report i get. Beware, if you order one, you spend more time ordering product and stocking the shelves, I do double to triple my old vending sales.
John
John, I sent you a PM with my email address. Thanks!!