What's new

WW2.0 Blower cone hit and ripped off

jwfox369

Reaction score
We have just recently opened our wash with a new WW2.0. The entry arch is set at an 84" clearance. This clearance was set Jim coleman themselves. The lowest point on the Gantry is the blower cones at 81". We had a truck come through the wash with a tubed head ache bar across the cab. He made it under the entry arch no problem. The gantry was able to clear the head ache bar while washing the truck. When he pulled out, the slope of the bay goes up slitley when you exit. Pretty minimal. While exiting the tredal plates raising the rear tires of the vehicle up.. (maybe 2") The head ache bar hit and tore of the blower cone.
I am curious to hear if anyone else has had this problem before. I am worried that a vehicle, like a Hummer, with a lift kit that fits under the entry arch
(which is more of a squared vehical, not as round as a typical pickups) will hits the blower cones. The guy that tore off the cone didnt bother to call or even let us know. If our wash would have damaged his truck he would be right there, expecting us to fix it.

Reds

Reaction score
I just installed a 2nd WW2.0 at my site. The first is going on 3 years old and I have never had a problem. More than half of my customers are pickup trucks. I have been concerned about those nozzles from day one, but luckily have not had a problem. I have F250's, hummers & even pickups with ladder racks & light bars go thru my WW all the time. Maybe I have been lucky. I can clearly see that a vehicle with a square profile may have trouble. I am concerned about the nozzle hitting a vehicle as the gantry passes over it.

Reds

Reaction score
Now that I think about it -- do you have Coleman's arch installed? I am going to look at my arch today and consider putting a diaginal brace in each top corner, at a height and angle to mimic the blower nozzles. Or maybe consider putting a small bar in each corner that will bump and swing away if hit. I do not like clearance bars that swing out of the way, but in this circumstance, with a small one on each side it my help.

jwfox369

Reaction score
Yes we have Colemans Entry arch. I did raise it to have a swing away bar, just so if they did hit the arch it wasnt tore up or the concrete broken up. I have thought of doing something like that but havent came up with something that looks real good.
The the thing is, the other blower cone has been hit. It didnt rip it off but put a dent in it. It was only about a 1/2 " up. Im not sure if it was the same guy or a different one. From the video, its hard to tell. We have considered cutting off an 1'' to 1 1/2'' off the ss part of the cone. Nothing has been done yet. I just want to avoid spending $400 on a blower cone!

dpessler

Reaction score
I've had one hit also last year. This is another problem Coleman won't admit. Also the triple shine on the 2.0 stinks, Coleman knows it & is trying to change but we are stuck!

trentu

Reaction score
I have 1 with a puck and tube (plugged about 7 holes in the tube) and 1 with the 2 pucks. They both suck. I just got a couple of new machines and Coleman is finally using stainless scrubbies instead of those cheap plastic ones in the foam generators now.

I have had someone hit and dent the blower nozzle, then again, I have had someone hit the side of the gantry so hard it rolled the stainless right around the inside strut support. Gouges out of the side from someone sideswipping the gantry, rocker arm nozzle tore off. Just today had a lady in the bay gunning it trying to get her new Lexus SUV to drive down between the old style high rail and gantry rail. Went out to ask her if everything was ok, then told her she needed to stay BETWEEN the rails not drive over the first rail. Cracked me up.

dpessler

Reaction score
How did you plug the holes? Are the foam generators any better? Where are They? Thanks! Doug

trentu

Reaction score
just used screws with a large head and put a little silicone on it and screwed it into the hole. Nope they are not much better. There is only 1 foam generator for the 3 shine and it is in the top of the gantry. The foam generators for the tire shine and pre soak are up there too.