What's new

Petit 360 worth the extra money????

Roz

Reaction score
I might have already told you this but my last Petit I put in, the site increased $35,000 in revenue in one year. Took out a PDQ M5. Not a significant increase but I was still very glad to see it and I have not had any headaches like I did daily with the M5.
So you would need that level bump in profits for 3 years to cover the increased cost of the Petit in comparison to a WW. What I do not fully understand is how the faster petit can clean as well as a PDQ or WW if dwell time is important for a great touch free cleaning outcome.

Equipment costs have risen to the point where upgrading an existing IBA to a newer system is a harder sell.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
They are specially modified nozzles by Petit. They drill out the slot on the nozzle somehow.
I don't believe they are modified at all. They are definitely not IMEG as there is no vane in them. I had to unclog one the other day and checked the size, 0512.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The first 30 minutes of The YT video "47 washes in two hours" has a great narration attached to it that explains Petit's perspective on the machine and is worth a listen for those considering the unit.

scrubbles

Reaction score
I don't believe they are modified at all. They are definitely not IMEG as there is no vane in them. I had to unclog one the other day and checked the size, 0512.
I believe they narrow the degree of nozzle to a pinpoint while oscillating the spray nozzle at the same time to cover more surface area, so you get the best of both worlds. A larger spay pattern and higher pressure.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I believe they narrow the degree of nozzle to a pinpoint while oscillating the spray nozzle at the same time to cover more surface area, so you get the best of both worlds. A larger spay pattern and higher pressure.
Yes, pretty much why I feel gantry units that had oscillating nozzles were better cleaners than inverted L machines. My water wizard uses oscillating five degree nozzles as well as height adjustment. Still relies on the right chemistry to do the job properly though.

washnshine

Reaction score
Yes, pretty much why I feel gantry units that had oscillating nozzles were better cleaners than inverted L machines. My water wizard uses oscillating five degree nozzles as well as height adjustment. Still relies on the right chemistry to do the job properly though.
Definitely a sweet spot for nozzle pattern width. 5° seems to be great for oscillating- I knew of some older machines that used 0° and they could leave stripes if the gantry movement speed was not synced up just right.

Bricks

Reaction score
Definitely a sweet spot for nozzle pattern width. 5° seems to be great for oscillating- I knew of some older machines that used 0° and they could leave stripes if the gantry movement speed was not synced up just right.
Right, I dialed my 0° machine’s hydraulic speed in to where the TFW speed is maxed out at 99 and HP rinse at 1.