What's new

Replace Entry Wizard 2.0

rexdarby

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my entry wizard 2.0 with a new system with more options. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

robblackburn

Reaction score
Did you look at the orginal entry wizard? I am sure that it would have all of the options that you are looking for. Maybe Coleman would take your 2.0 on trade.

Austin

Reaction score
I am also looking into switching out the Rowe bill acceptor to a Mars acceptor in the JC Entry Wizard. Has anyone done this successfully? I've already spoke with Jim at Etowah Valley and he doesn't have a solution due to the all the JC parts. I have consistant bill jams with the Rowe and need to switch to Mars to elimate customer complaints. I already spoke with JC and they said it can't be done, although they offer Mars acceptors on their new Entry Wizard. Greg, any suggestions?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Don't know if this will help you but I believe that the Hamilton STA is as good as the Mars. Costs more though. I have no idea if it will work on the Wizard. I would be out of business if I had a Rowe acceptor on my auto.

Austin

Reaction score
I originally purchased Hamiltons in my changers and switched those out to mars within 6 mos due to daily bill jams and headaches. The mars have worked flawlessly on every machine I own. I'm going to have to stick with mars if I can get it changed out. Anyone else?

robblackburn

Reaction score
I am also looking into switching out the Rowe bill acceptor to a Mars acceptor in the JC Entry Wizard. Has anyone done this successfully? I've already spoke with Jim at Etowah Valley and he doesn't have a solution due to the all the JC parts. I have consistant bill jams with the Rowe and need to switch to Mars to elimate customer complaints. I already spoke with JC and they said it can't be done, although they offer Mars acceptors on their new Entry Wizard. Greg, any suggestions?
Austin - I think that you were given some wrong information. I am sure that coleman has a Mars conversion kit for the Entry Wizard. I would give them a call and ask again.

Rob

Austin

Reaction score
I will ask again but my equipment rep said he spoke to them directly and that there was no conversion. Would be nice to have, had another weekend of jammed bills.

dclark3344

Reaction score
Austin,
Who is your equipment rep? Are you also going thru him to get your BA50 rebuilt?

Austin

Reaction score
Not sure I follow. I'm not having anything rebuilt. As of right now I am looking to replace or convert my Rowes in my Entry Wizards over to Mars validators to eliminate bill jams and finicky acceptance. The one direction rowes just arent' working for my customers. Other problem is that it spits the bill out so fast that most the time they are picking it up off the ground which really ****es them off (b/c they have to back the car up, get out and re-insert) I watch this repeatedly on the video and I have to change it.

dclark3344

Reaction score
The BA 50 have to have the belts replaced about every 6 months. How old are your Rowes? I had mine rebuilt several times before converting over to Mars. There was a problem with the stacker cracking the back roller on the bill acceptor. I ground mine down about 1/8 inch. How many spares do you keep and what failure codes are you getting on the display inside the cabinet? I also took out the aluminum rails and installed solid plastic parking blocks. NO MORE DAMAGED rims. Customers love it.

Reds

Reaction score
Where did you get the solid plastic parking blocks? Are they plastic parking lot bumpers? Any website info where I could get a look at them? Thanks for any info.

dclark3344

Reaction score
Red
I found them on the internet. The Recycled Plastics Man out of Florida. His were Solid Plastic where most are hallow. If you do not find the site email me and I will look up the receipt. I have been very pleased with them and My customers like them so much better. The Aluminum pipe rails grabbed customers tires pulling the wheel into the rail and damaged many rims. The blocks are tapered so the wet tires slide and they have never hurt a rim.
David

Austin

Reaction score
DClark are you saying that you converted your Rowe validators inside your entry wizard to Mars? If so how did you do it and how is it going? My Rowes in the Entry Wiz are less than a year old.

dclark3344

Reaction score
Austin,
Yes I did convert my Entry Wizards from Rowe to Mars, The Mars stacker in the small one and needs to be emptied every busy day. The larger stacker will hit on the coin hopper. I had to get an adapter to mount the Mars to the door where the plate is for the Rowe. I had to remove Rowe stacker assembly and do some wiring changes to work off the Mars. The accounting thinks I am just getting coins because the Mars gives 4 pulses for a dollar and the Rowe counts dollars. I also had to do some wiring to the Rowe CCC and replace the chip in the box in the upper left hand corner. It was quite an ordeal but it was well worth it. Now I take any bill any direction everytime. DAVID

dclark3344

Reaction score
Your equipment rep is either lying or not keeping up with Coleman. Forget him and call coleman parts. They have a conversion and I have listed parts here on the Jim Colema Thread. You have to remove the old Rowe stacker and BA. You have to change the chip in the cyle switch board or buy a new board. You have to get a mounting adapter because the Mars mounts directly to the door. The big deal is in the accounting the Mars counts in quarters and will list all income as change. It really is not difficult, you will have to grind out the hole in the door a little.