What's new

Updating Car wash tunnel

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
A decision needs to be made as to what business model is being pursued here.

Hanna back in the 90s had some very short tunnel packages made for C-stores, and this might be one of those sites.

washnshine

Reaction score
You could also could consider a rental/fleet wash drive through unit. If you want to keep the labor and offer the full service options, just have one of your employees drive it through. Full serve washes often have employees loading and unloading the cars from the conveyor anyway. I would not allow customers to drive their own car through, however.

I’d recommend foam - not nylon brushes. There are a lot of manufacturers who make simple drive through units like this.

Last edited:

geterdone

Reaction score
Currently we have 50 ft conveyor tunnel, about 40 ft building and 5 ft extended outside building on entrance and exit. Until last month before closing we were cleaning about 800 cars & over 1000 during pollen months. We didn’t had any brushes or Mitter in the tunnel. We were basically using hand brush with stick at the entrance for cleaning/scrubbing dirt and then send car in the tunnel for rinse. It was labor intensive.

We want to update our car wash tunnel.

Should we put mitter and side brushes or go with inbay automatic from Wash world?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Automatic wash 24/7 never calls in sick!! Lol
Tunnel you have labor . You know your site better then anyone else. Inbay can only wash 5 to 6 car's per hour. 50' tunnel 20 to 25 per hour . I hope this helps